A Center of Vocational Excellence brings together schools, companies and governmental organisations in a specific region and sector, the so-called skills ecosystem. Since each region is different, with its own issues, developments and cultural aspects, there is no one-size fits all solution. Instead, each Center of Vocational Excellence has its own development process, tailored towards the skills ecosystem the Center is operating in.
Nevertheless, the Platform of Vocational Excellence Water has developed a roadmap towards a Center of Vocational Excellence, outlining various phases all Centers will have to go through. On this page you find these steps, with tools for each phase. This roadmap is based on the experience of the Platform of Vocational Excellence during the development of our five region Centers of Vocational Excellence and the pan-European Platform of Vocational Excellence Water.
- Phase 1: Collecting ingredients for the Center of Vocational Excellence
- Phase 2: Developing your Business Model Canvas and empathy mapping
- Phase 3: Start working on the proposition of your Center of Vocational Excellence & define building blocks
- Phase 4: Matching your activities with your target groups
- Phase 5: Development of your Center of Vocational Excellence
- Phase 6: Continue developing your Business Model Canvas
- Phase 7: Peer reviews